P Horstwood: October 2019
Children and Families Outreach Worker
Lay Employee in St Neots and Huntingdon Circuit based at:
Berkley Street Methodist Church,
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 2NB
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Christian to develop our ministry with families, children and young people in St Neots. The post would suit someone who has a passion for meeting people in their own situations and demonstrating the love of Christ. The successful applicant will have excellent social skills, a confident and friendly demeanour and a good sense of humour.
The role is to:
1. Enable and encourage children and families to participate fully in the life of the church community now and in the future.
2. Help facilitate and lead activities with the church to share the good news of being a Christian.
3. Serve our community. St Neots is a growing town and we have a vision to serve the needs of the community and spread the Christian message; especially building on the relationships we already have with families through Messy Church, Brigade Club and those who join us at Sunday worship.
4. Grow our church in faith and number and help us to modernise worship and our Christian activities, making them relevant to us and the needs of our community today.
5. Work alongside the pastoral team to deepen relationships with families within and on the fringes of the church.
This is a 5 year fixed term part time (20 hours) post starting Spring 2020
Salary range £9,620 — £12,103 depending on qualifications and experience.
For further details click on the listed documents
or email for an application pack to Rev. James Bamber: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 24th November 2019
Interviews to be held on 6th December 2019
There is a genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
The Methodist Church is committed to the Safeguarding of all.
You may also be interested in
Can you help with the Shoebox Appeal?Every year Operation Christmas Child swings into action to collect and distribute thousands of shoeboxes filled with wonderful gifts to be distributed children throughout the world who otherwise would receive very little at Christmas.But this doesn't just happen — it involves hundreds of volunteers who give their time, not just to fill the boxes and...
Buckden Methodist Church is a drop-off centre for the Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoebox Appeal but as well as receiving full boxes from our members and from the surrounding community, we collect and knit items throughout the year and cover and fill boxes as Christmas approaches. This is our first packing session of the year, when 88 boxes were completed and a good many cups of tea were...
Wicken Methodist Church are holding a Flower Festival of Christmas Carols on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December from 10.00am to 4.00pm.On Sunday 8th December this will include a Carol Concert with the music provided by Wicken Coronation Band.All proceeds in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance and Action for Children.All are welcome to visit and enjoy a festival of festive songs in flowers...
Eaton Ford Methodist Church
Huntingdon Methodist Church
Berkley Street Methodist Church, Eynesbury
Eaton Ford Methodist Church